Ads 468x60px

Description

LIFE WITH BIRDS is a web-comic strip about living with pet birds. The story can be funny, sad or heartwarming. It's a mix between personal experience and wild imagination of my life as an artist and a bird parent. All the characters in my comic are based on the real birds that I have/had. New comic is released once in 2 weeks here. Special bird comics (full page, several pages long) are posted on my Patreon for patrons only.

Don't forget to check my unique bird themed gift stores on the banner below. Every sale helps me & my birds! Thanks! \(^0^)/

Thousands of high quality unique pet bird and parrot gift ideas available on my store!

Wednesday, July 1, 2015

When Em sings

bird comics about life with birds
I need to listen to music when I draw. It really helps me turning on my mood. I don't care what language the song is, as long as I love the melody and the voice, I'll listen to it. Sometimes I like to sing along... although most of the time I sing gibberish or the same refrain part of the song, just like the one on this comic. It's a Rolling Stone's song. After watching Denzel Washington's Fallen, I fell in love with the song. <3 My listening skill is way, way worse than my written English. That's why I depends on English subtitles when I watch Hollywood movies. :D

And here's something unique about me and music: I like to listen to just one song for 1 creation until it's done. So if a drawing were a movie, the song would be its main soundtrack, the soul that would tell what the story was about. My husband can't stand staying in my working room for long while I'm drawing, listening to 1 song for hours and it can go on for a month if it's a big painting. :D The song is the connection of what I felt and on which part I drew last time. It's like an opening theme song of a tv series followed by the previous cut scenes from last episode. It's a reminder of what I'm painting and how it should be painted.

I have bad memory with words. So it's kinda hard to remember people's names. But I can remember things visually better. I can remember streets to go to one's place even if I forgot the streets names, especially if the houses and signs haven't changed yet. I'll be like, "Oh, yeah, we need to pass a mini market and then turn left!" Do you know anyone like me? :D

Another thing I love about Pipi is that she never complains about what music I play. As long I'm with her, she's okay. She eats, takes a bath, sleeps... doesn't even look bothered with the same music playing on and on. <3 What about your birds? :)

support a bird comic strip artist on patreon

Share on Tumblr

4 comments:

  1. Glad i'm not the only one who listens to music for artistic aid.
    Pretty sure Fluffy does not think much of my singing either LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My birds hate when I sing, which is ok because I don't do.it very often!

    ReplyDelete

 
 
Blogger Templates