Ads 468x60px

Description

LIFE WITH BIRDS is a web-comic strip about living with pet birds. The story can be funny, sad or heartwarming. It's a mix between personal experience and wild imagination of my life as an artist and a bird parent. All the characters in my comic are based on the real birds that I have/had. New comic is released once in 2 weeks here. Special bird comics (full page, several pages long) are posted on my Patreon for patrons only.

Don't forget to check my unique bird themed gift stores on the banner below. Every sale helps me & my birds! Thanks! \(^0^)/

Thousands of high quality unique pet bird and parrot gift ideas available on my store!

Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Bird interpeter

Lol, I hope you like today comic. :D Now, about the story behind.... 
If you are the bird person in your family, the one that takes care of the birds, you must be familiar with the body language of your birds, the sound they make and each of their unique characteristics. You probably need to keep telling your family members and friends who like to interact with the birds, the do's and don'ts, the why and how... Same here with my hubby, I have to interpret the smallest gesture that's invisible to normal human's eyes but very obvious to a crazy bird mom like me. I have to tell him not to wear a certain color clothing in front of some birds, if he needs to walk like creeping close to the wall while bringing a box if he needs to go through the bird room so that the birds won't see it, if he has to stop doing something because the birds hate it, fear it, or what to do to make a bird comfortable on his hand, etc, etc I'm sure you get my point. ;)

On my bird comic strips, the birds will be able to communicate in English with me but not with my hubby. He'll just hear squawk and gibberish only. While this is somewhat true irl, this will also give me a chance to make educational comics about how non bird people see birds and what we should teach them so that at least they can understand those emo creatures and learn to tolerate them especially if they all live under the same roof. Of course, it'll be done in my weird one of a kind humor... :D

No one was born to be a bird whisperer, heck I don't believe one exists. It's just a term created by people who are not into birds. They'll think the same thing when they see the animal trainers performing in circus you bet, but I'm sure you don't want to be put on the same level as those trainers, right? I, however, do believe in passion and true love as the universal language to build bridge in inter species friendship. 

We often hear about how animals ALWAYS love their humans unconditionally, that they have big hearts that forgive and forget our mistakes... This is bull, imo... I actually believe something that makes more sense, something like... every animal species, including human, have their own unique characters and they do have emotions like us, which means they can love, they can feel hurt, dejected, traumatized, scared and they can do hate humans from abusive experiences in the past. There's no such thing like happy all the time animal no matter what treatment they get, else we will never hear stories about aggressive animals that bite people and get to be put down every now and then.

So, if people ask you how on earth they could get their pets to love them unconditionally, simple... just tell them to do the same to the animals. It takes two to tango, remember? Same thing with having a good relationship with pets. A loving home will make every being living there feel loved, humans and not. Don't you agree? :)

Support a bird artist on Patreon


Share on Tumblr

5 comments:

  1. So true, Em! My hubby was playing with Jo Jo when she started having a serious fit, screaming "Danger! Danger!" and flapping her wings. My husband asked me, "What's her problem?" and I told him "She doesn't want you to hold her ball with the bell in it ... she wants you to roll it to her." He was skeptical and I told him to just try it and see what happens. Sure enough, she stopped screaming and rolled the ball back to him like nothing happened. When he picked it up again, the screaming started again! lol They will tell us what they want, what is wrong, etc. if we just take the time to learn the signs or figure out a basic way to communicate. Jo Jo will stare at something in a rather dramatic way if she wants it, like a drink of water. As her human, I just have to figure out what she is staring at by picking things up and saying "This one?" She will give a specific chirp if I get the right object. But I have to pay attention ... just like with toddlers who haven't learned to talk with. :-) Great comic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I know I'm not alone in this! :D Glad to hear from you and Miss Jojo again.

      Delete
  2. Put on a shirt becuase you look like dork

    ReplyDelete

 
 
Blogger Templates